PDA

View Full Version : Great Gray Owl- my first post

Peter Tamas
03-05-2013, 09:54 PM
This photo was taken in Ottawa with 1 D Mark IV and 600 II f/4.
Peter Tamas

arash_hazeghi
03-05-2013, 10:14 PM
welcome to BPN Peter!

great first post. Exposure is accurate for both owl and snow and the shadow adds a lot. Sharpness is excellent. I like the fact that we can see the talons. It's a bit tight in the frame and the impact would have been stronger if the owl was coming right at you.

Great work, TFS and keep them coming!

Marina Scarr
03-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Welcome to BPN and what a terrific first post, Peter! Exposure looks spot on. The shadow really makes this work but like Arash, I would rather see a little more room all around if you have it.

If you could pose your settings along with your equipment it would be helpful to those commenting.

Looking forward to more posts from you.

Loi Nguyen
03-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Peter, welcome o BPN. That is a terrific first post. My first impression is perfect exposure and sharpness, beautiful pose. Then I wish there was more room and the eyes more direct. Well done!

Evan Cain
03-06-2013, 01:06 AM
Awesome shot. Agree with Arash that if it was coming at the camera it would have a bigger impact, but not much you can do about that.

Was this owl baited?

MohsenVahedipour
03-06-2013, 03:47 AM
A big welcome to BPN. Like the landing pose, high key look & great IQ. As stated above, it's a little tight in the frame.

vishaljadhav
03-06-2013, 06:35 AM
Welcome Peter,
This is a amazing image to start off, all looks so nice as everyone has said
lovely one

Daniel Cadieux
03-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Quite the intense image!! Great pose, exposure, details. Like others I'd prefer a looser comp. Is Ottawa local for you or did you make a special trip to see this awesome species?

Welcome to BPN!!!

Stu Bowie
03-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Hi Peter, a big welcome to BPN, and you have certainly set yourself a high standard to continue with, after this first post. Love the pose with the full wingspread, and like others above, you certainly achieved good exposure and detail. Well captured.

Karl Egressy
03-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Welcome to BPN, Peter. Nice to see your work here. Your first post is very impressive. Love the incoming flight pose.

Frank Schauf
03-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Excellent flight pose and sharp details.

Robert Holguin
03-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Stunning shot!!!
Terrific pose, exposed very well, excellent details, and really like the shadow.
Agree on it being tight in the frame.
Well done.