PDA

View Full Version : Coral Heads

Don Lacy
03-05-2013, 07:07 PM
I had this sitting around in my files and decided to play around with it I guess I forgot on about this one about the vertical comp from this day was so well received :S3:

1DMKIII, 17-40 F/4 at 22mm, 30s at f/20, Manual Mode, Evaluative Metered, ISO 100, A little but of tonal contrast in post along with the usual adjustments

Morkel Erasmus
03-06-2013, 06:34 AM
I like this! Looks almost like the Moeraki Boulders in NZ (but not quite). I love the dreamy feel of the water, compliments the stoic boulders beautifully...nice subtle tones - I would be tempted to hike up sky saturation just a tad without making it seem 'pushed'...again I would burn some shadows on the coral heads...
:5

Robert Amoruso
03-06-2013, 07:35 AM
Don,

Nicely done. The soft BG colors make the scene very serene. THe FG rocks are well-placed in the image (thanks to you) and nicely spaced (thanks for mother nature).

Don Lacy
03-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Here is a version with Morkel's suggestions again i like it better then my original :S3: I will say that you and Robert's eyes are two of the best and your suggestions are often very helpful in helping me fine tune my images it is most appreciated.

Rachel Hollander
03-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Hi Don - nicely done and the rp takes it up a notch. I really like the colors of the sky and the blurred water. In both the op and the rp there seems to be a halo on the top edge of the 2 furthest rocks.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
03-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Thanks for your kind words, Don, glad to be of assistance...and the RP does look better to me too :5
Rachel has a point - probably a sharpening artifact?