PDA

View Full Version : Mole Cricket

Steve Maxson
03-05-2013, 06:27 PM
I found this Mole Cricket while searching for insects at night in Costa Rica. It cooperated by giving me its best "ready to dig" pose. 1D 4, 100 mm macro, 1/250, f/16, ISO 400, light tent, 2 remotely fired flashes, HH. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

Jonathan Ashton
03-06-2013, 05:38 AM
The pose certainly illustrates why the name was chosen. I think you chose the time for this image well, the direction is perfect and the DOF is probably about a s good as you could expect, the front legs are superbly illustrated and the antennae are sharp, the tip of it's right one isn't quite there but I that is inconsequential. I also really like the gradual fall of in focus as you look down the body. Excellent shot.

shane shacaluga
03-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Excellent shot. These crickets always remind me of Triceratops dinosaur with their neck plate!

TFS

Dave Leroy
03-06-2013, 09:30 AM
DoF, sharpness and pose are all excellent. An amazing looking little creature and certainly not one that i could have imagined. Thanks for sharing.

Dave Johnson
03-08-2013, 12:41 AM
Super shot Steve of this unusual creature! Great DOF and sharpness on the head and I like the angle at which you took the shot to get the whole body in to give us an idea of it's length. First time I've seen one of these insects so thanks for sharing.

Randy Stout
03-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Steve:

This little great is great, studio style shot with wonderful display of his digging apparatus. Beautifully lit.

Cheers

Randy