PDA

View Full Version : Siskin

Davidwilliams
03-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Been away for the winter but its just starting to warm up so here goes again, previous comments have been very honest and helpful lets hope I can keep learning !!

I have built a new hide and feeders and at the moment am just getting some birds interested, but still working out best angles and what works
I will be removing the end of this branch !!

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/dratsea/file-94.jpg

jack williamson
03-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Well exposed and sharp, the yellows are excellent, would have been better if the bird was looking back this way. The BG is nice. If you remove the end of the branch breaking it off will look more natural than cutting it. Also poet your shooting techs.

Melissa Groo
03-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Super background, nice light, great sharpness, and lovely bird. I find the branch coming towards us distracting as it's out of focus. And the bird being turned away makes it not as engaging as it could be. I'd like to see your camera info and techs too.

Dennis Zaebst
03-05-2013, 10:50 PM
What a beautiful siskin David. Agree with above comments from Jack and Melissa. Great sharpness and light. Looking forward to more from you.

PhilCook
03-06-2013, 02:34 AM
eeek !!!...our Canary has escaped !

Super sharp detail and exposure is perfect for the often difficult yellows, background is excellent as well.....all the camera techs look perfect, but a shame that oof branch end tends to dominate the image somewhat

Jonathan Ashton
03-06-2013, 05:25 AM
David you took the words from my moth regards the end of the branch! perch height is about right. One thing I have been doing recently is altering the angle of the perch throughout the day, in order to keep the light almost perpendicular to the bird, it doesn't matter in the dull weather we have had but on the odd bright day it is quite critical. The exposure is good as it DOF (don't forget the EXIF). A slight right head turn would have made the image stronger. iIlike the background.
I had siskins down yesterday - hope to post some before too long - good luck I look forward to the next.