PDA

View Full Version : Sibling rivalry

vishaljadhav
03-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Every year we tend to see this event taking place just after the breeding of the Wire tailed swallows , the chicks come out of the nests and can fly however tend to sit on posts or rocks and expect their parents to feed them, it normally happens for 3-4 days when its possible to shoot them on open perches . Other wise we simply see them on the electric wires :S3:

This was made last year

camera Canon 600 D
Lens Nikkor 800 AIS f5.6
F 8, ISO 400, 1/200

This is late evening , setting sun light
Welcome your suggestions

Miguel Palaviccini
03-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Very nice interaction caught here. The warm colors give a nice touch to the image. Glad the perch isn't a wire!

Was this manually focused? Canon camera, Nikon lens. Nicely done!

Miguel

MohsenVahedipour
03-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Great light & behavior. Excellent IQ & composition. Thanks for sharing.

vishaljadhav
03-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Very nice interaction caught here. The warm colors give a nice touch to the image. Glad the perch isn't a wire!

Was this manually focused? Canon camera, Nikon lens. Nicely done!

Miguel

Miguel, The lens is manual focus, this was manually focused , i was doing videos at that time hence used this lens, was a beast but was all fun using manual focus,
Canon and Nikon i just dont get into that battle, i married them :S3:

gail bisson
03-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Really like the warm colors.
Birds look great and both are sharp.
I didn't know you could put a Nikkor lens on a Canon,
Gail

vishaljadhav
03-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Really like the warm colors.
Birds look great and both are sharp.
I didn't know you could put a Nikkor lens on a Canon,
Gail
Gail, its possible to put a nikon glass on canon with adaptors , we get quite a few on ebay or even BHPhoto, i got mine from BHphoto.
i am not sure the reverse is true where a canon glass can be put on nikon camera never seen anyone doing it, but Nikkor on canon works like a charm , hoping you like to manually focus

Jonathan Ashton
03-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Really interesting image, I like the complimentary colours and the interaction, I too was unaware of the use of nikon lenses with canon bodies.

Marina Scarr
03-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Very interesting and thanks for the info. Love the interaction here and you did a great job getting these 2 in focus. Colors and details looks nice. It looks as though SHE is scolding HIM! :)

Randy Stout
03-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Sharp, well exposed, interesting perch, nice colors.

Well done with your creative setup!

Cheers

Randy

jack williamson
03-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Beautiful colors and IQ. Love the poses!

Diane Miller
03-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Yes, lovely and different, and well-done!

vishaljadhav
03-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Very interesting and thanks for the info. Love the interaction here and you did a great job getting these 2 in focus. Colors and details looks nice. It looks as though SHE is scolding HIM! :)

Marina,
i am not sure who is who both are really juveniles, however they always tend to try and get "One Up" when their parents are out, they like to do that so that when their parents come in the one who has a advantageous position gets feed first
They extend the wings many times, the one above saw the one below extending the wing and having it off guard trying to get it off the perch giving it the advantage in the parent feeding
its simply a interesting time , i spent a few hours watching them made a few images but it was all fun just watching this.

arash_hazeghi
03-04-2013, 02:23 AM
very nice interaction and good job with manual focus.

PhilCook
03-04-2013, 03:06 AM
Great interaction, dof and focus is very good and i rather like the rock perch, wonderfully smooth backdrop. Personal tastes, but myself I find the color tone a bit too warm

vishaljadhav
03-04-2013, 05:10 AM
Great interaction, dof and focus is very good and i rather like the rock perch, wonderfully smooth backdrop. Personal tastes, but myself I find the color tone a bit too warm
Phil,
The season was end of the Indian Summers when the evening light gets amazingly warm tones, the backdrop is a sand bank and its also appearing so due to the color of late evening sun nearing the sunset

Karl Egressy
03-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Great action shot captured against nice background.

Stu Bowie
03-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Hi Vishal, exquisite light, and I do like the overall detail and colours. Good central placement, and that BG is sweet.

Due to using a Nikkor lens, isnt the image a touch soft. :bg3::bg3:

vishaljadhav
03-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Hi Vishal, exquisite light, and I do like the overall detail and colours. Good central placement, and that BG is sweet.

Due to using a Nikkor lens, isnt the image a touch soft. :bg3::bg3:

Stuart,
HAHAHAHA
i know where you are taking this , i am not getting on that road :S3:

David Salem
03-05-2013, 03:29 AM
Very nice shot Vishal. Your best to date IMO. Like everything about it. Beautiful!

vishaljadhav
03-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks friends for your comments