PDA

View Full Version : Grey Heron with Breakfast

vishaljadhav
03-02-2013, 09:16 AM
We were watching the Greater Flamingoes from the boat when this guy got active and fished, i couldn't get the image when it speared the fish but got this one after the fish was out of the water
ISO 800, f 7.1 , 1/5000
from a boat with a monopod
5D MIII + 400 2.8 + 2x tc

The area of the wing behind the neck has some noise in it since i raised it out of the dark, just preferred the wing design rather than black area, There were 2 blobs of egrets in the right hand top corner on the edge of the water that i have cloned out here.

Comments are welcome

gail bisson
03-02-2013, 10:30 AM
Hi Vishal.
I like the light and the nice low POV and the wing position of far wing. I do wish for a better position for the near wing.
The fish is even facing the correct way!
I would rotate the image CCW a few degrees.
Nice BG and good PP,
Gail

Dave Leroy
03-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Well done for some pretty bright light and 800 mm as well. Lining up the ripples from left to right looks like some ccw rotation for sure. I might also try to add some selective black to the bird as well to accentuate the blues and greys a bit more. It may also darken the water a bit.

Lovely bg and shooting angle. I also like the position of the bird in the frame.

vishaljadhav
03-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Well done for some pretty bright light and 800 mm as well. Lining up the ripples from left to right looks like some ccw rotation for sure. I might also try to add some selective black to the bird as well to accentuate the blues and greys a bit more. It may also darken the water a bit.

Lovely bg and shooting angle. I also like the position of the bird in the frame.

Thanks Dave and Gail, based on the feedback i have tried to redo the image , shifting the rotation and the few other small tweaks , Let me know if this is ok

gail bisson
03-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Repost is excellent!
gail

Marina Scarr
03-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Good comments above and repost looks super.

Stu Bowie
03-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Hi Vishal, great low perspective, and its always great to see the subject with a catch. Well done on the repost addressing the rotation. Comp wise, if this were mine, I would take a bit off the bottom, and add to the top.

vishaljadhav
03-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Hi Vishal, great low perspective, and its always great to see the subject with a catch. Well done on the repost addressing the rotation. Comp wise, if this were mine, I would take a bit off the bottom, and add to the top.
Stuart thanks, I to wished to have more at the top however the C C W rotation ate into it

Satish Ranadive
03-03-2013, 02:52 AM
Excellent image with very nice exposure and colorscheme.

Regards,
Satish.

Frank Schauf
03-04-2013, 04:19 AM
Very nice scene and colors.