PDA

View Full Version : Running Hartebeest

Morkel Erasmus
02-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Another frame from our March 2012 trip to the Kalahari (Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park).

Techs:
Nikon D3s with Nikkor 500mm f4 VR-II + 1.4xTC @ 700mm
f7.1 @ 1/50 SS @ ISO-500

Andrew Merwin
02-28-2013, 04:48 PM
Morkel, Good DOF as the hartebeest is separate from the BG. I like the blurred BG & the blurred legs that show motion very well. The sharpness of the head & eye draws my eye there. Since the hartebeest is apparently moving at a pace that is faster than a walk, I think more room on the left for it to move into would be appropriate.

Rachel Hollander
03-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Hi Morkel - I agree with Andrew on the good separation from the bg. I also like the layer effect of the bg. I do however prefer your other running hartebeest image. I find the eye here slightly distracting do to the extended or multiple catchlights which seem to me to create an impression of the eye area not being as sharp as the nose.

TFS,
Rachel

Brendon Cremer
03-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Really lovely image Morkel, great movement, sharpness where you want it, lovely dof and as mentioned great separation from the bg. Colours look nice but maybe a little on the cool side, however that being said not knowing what the light was like when the shop was taken, either way i may be inclined to a a slight warming filter. Space wise i like the way it is at the moment but may be interesting to see what it looks like with a little more on the left.

dankearl
03-04-2013, 12:31 AM
It has a nice sense of motion, Morkel and sharp where is counts on the head.
I think a bit better leg position would look nice, it seems a bit rigid.
Nice BG and nice separation.

Anette Mossbacher
03-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Hi Morkel,

nice running "beast". I agree with the others above, a bit more room to the left would be great for to run faster :bg3:

Ciao
Anette