PDA

View Full Version : Steppe - the lighter morph

vishaljadhav
02-28-2013, 12:36 PM
As i said last time we get the 3 morphs of the Steppe as migrants to our region, i posted the normal morph last time , this one is the lighter morph
We even get the dark one will try and post that one later

This one is at a garbage dump too, trying to land on a Light Pole

Clicked by the 5D MIII with 400 2.8 + 2X tc with a monopod

F 7.1 , 1/3200, ISO 1000, exposure compensation +2/3rd

Loi Nguyen
02-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Vishal, love the details and the soft light. I wish there was more canvas top and left. Also on my monitor, the eye looks a bit soft.

Mark Jones
02-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Hello Vishal,

Beautiful bird that I haven't seen before. I agree with Loi, on my Mac Book Pro the eye appears a little soft. Given the catch light position and shadow under the near wing, I'm assuming the sun was almost directly overhead. The odd angle on the far wing also makes it look like part of it is missing.

Dennis Zaebst
02-28-2013, 05:20 PM
You've got some good comments so far, with which I agree. I think it could stand a bit more contrast- perhaps check black level?

Melissa Groo
02-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Stunning bird and nice job with the 2x on a bird in flight. I wish the bill did not merge with the far wing and I'd like to see more room to the left and above, as it seems tight in the upper left corner. I look forward to seeing the dark morph.

Steve Maxson
02-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Hi Vishal. A cool bird captured with good sharpness. Good comments above. I would agree with increasing the contrast - it looks like you may have been a bit too aggressive in opening up shadow detail. With this background you could easily add canvas in any direction to change the comp. As an alternative, I think this could make a nice horizontal image by cropping some from the bottom and adding some room on the right - lots of possibilities. This is a strong image and a couple tweaks will make it even better! :S3:

vishaljadhav
03-01-2013, 07:07 AM
Hi Vishal. A cool bird captured with good sharpness. Good comments above. I would agree with increasing the contrast - it looks like you may have been a bit too aggressive in opening up shadow detail. With this background you could easily add canvas in any direction to change the comp. As an alternative, I think this could make a nice horizontal image by cropping some from the bottom and adding some room on the right - lots of possibilities. This is a strong image and a couple tweaks will make it even better! :S3:

Thanks all for the comments and i think i would like to give it a try , i did not have the room in my original image so i did add the canvas to it, this is my first attempt to add canvas so dont know how good or bad it is
Secondly i added some more contrast to the image
i was positioned at such a angle that the catch light would have been on top
Let me know what you think of the repost

Daniel Cadieux
03-01-2013, 11:55 AM
I think the subject could go even lower in the frame (perhaps a squarish crop with some off the bottom?), but the repost is a definite improvement. How cool to have three different morphs!