PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah Stretch

Brendon Cremer
02-28-2013, 05:31 AM
We followed this young male and his mother for some time in this morning, the light was just superb and they were playing and jumping around creating great photographic opportunities.This image the young male jumped up onto a fallen marula tree and had a good stretch before leaping off onto his mother.
Photographed in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa.

Camera Canon EOS-1D Mark II
Focal Length 131mm (70-200 F4 L)
Shutter Speed 1/2000 sec
Aperture f/5.6
ISO/Film 500

Rachel Hollander
02-28-2013, 07:27 AM
Hi Brendon - Looks like you've really had some great sightings and opportunities lately. Love the fall tones and colors of this with excellent light. Interesting behavior, well captured.

TFS,
Rachel

Faraaz Abdool
02-28-2013, 07:58 AM
Beautiful shot, love the lighting and composition. The fallen tree with fresh looking insides adds a nice touch. Add that to the pose of the cheetah, the exposed claws and raised tail and you've got a wall-hanger :-).

Morkel Erasmus
02-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Very nicely framed and exposed, Brendon. The innards of the fallen tree add a lot!
Rachel, I believe this is from a few years ago when Brendon was still permanently based in the Sabi Sands and used Canon equipment

Brendon Cremer
03-01-2013, 03:49 AM
Thanks very much guys. In deed Rachel, as Morkel said this was a few years ago from my time managing lodges in the sabi sands. Ha ha and yes still with the canon kit, not bad for canon hey :Whoa!: just jokes :bg3:

Anette Mossbacher
03-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Hi Brendon,

I like this image very much. Love the space around the cat as well the light which suits it very much :bg3:
Love as well to see the claws, they are huge :w3

Ciao
Anette