PDA

View Full Version : Morning Tdes

Don Lacy
02-25-2013, 06:32 PM
This image was also taken on Christmas morning about ten minutes after my other post from that day found here http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/106144-Christmas-Morning-On-The-Beach this is the exact same composition but the color and waves turn it into a totally different image.

1DMKIII, 17-40 f/4 at 20mm( the lens correction tab in ACR or the DLO function in DPP do a great job correcting the short comings of this lens), 15s at f/22, Manual Mode, Evaluative Metered, 2 stop hard edge Singh- Ray Grad and Polarizer, ISO 50,

Ron Bernstein
02-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Hey Don. Very nice image! This has a bluish overall feeling to it, but I like it. Must say I prefer the image you linked to
better, but that doesn't mean I dislike this one. Nice use of long shutter speed to achieve a dreamy, ethereal effect.

Rachel Hollander
03-04-2013, 08:16 AM
Hi Don - I agree nice ethereal feel to this one from the slow ss and the soft colors. Good sharpness on the rocks sticking out of the water too. I might take a little off the top.

TFS,
Rachel

Cheryl Slechta
03-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Hi, Don, lovely colors and nice look with the slow shutter speed. I agree with Rachel on taking some off the top.

Morkel Erasmus
03-06-2013, 06:15 AM
A nice scene as are the others in this series, Don.
The only thing it needs for me is a bit more punch in the blacks - I would burn the FG and rocks a bit (set it at 5% to burn the shadows and sweep over the FG once or twice).
Let me know what you think of the result.
:5

Don Lacy
03-06-2013, 08:01 AM
I like it so much I added black to the whole image with a curve adjustment and painted it in on a layer at different strengths.
Thanks

Ron Bernstein
03-06-2013, 09:49 PM
That new post gives the rocks more gravitas and helps anchor the image. Well done to critics and photographer, allike!

Grady Weed
03-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Your second post is best to me. A nice soft dreamy effect Don.