PDA

View Full Version : Look Up In The Sky, faster than a speeding bullet... !...it's a bird...it's plane...nah it's just a bird ?

PhilCook
02-24-2013, 11:17 PM
OK, the quality is not great I know, but I liked this one of several Crested Pigeons in a tree with a fast flying Turtle Dove make a low fast pass behind.....just an unprepared grab shot really.

Sooooo...more for fun than C&C but go for it if you like lol

Nikon D300 + Tokina 300 f2.8 + Kenko Pro 300 1.4 x TC....420mm, f10, 1/800, ISO 250, spot metering, hand held

James Fuller
02-25-2013, 12:00 AM
One of the coolest pigeons I've seen, thanks for sharing.

christopher galeski
02-25-2013, 04:25 AM
I can see the funny side Phil,like the color of these birds.thanks.

Dave Leroy
02-25-2013, 09:24 AM
A neat shot and excellent timing. :S3:

shane shacaluga
02-25-2013, 10:15 AM
If you are going to Photo Bomb, do it in style!!

Have you rotated the shot to get the dove flying across horizontally? All the ones perched seemed to be leaning forwards ready to jump.

Stu Bowie
02-25-2013, 11:57 AM
Hi Phil, a species of pigeon that I havent seen before, and would love you to capture a closer image of one. The clouds add interest, and well done for getting the dove in the frame.

Richard Unsworth
02-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Never seen a Crested Pigeon, do get Turtle Doves here.
Unique image, well executed

PhilCook
02-25-2013, 04:00 PM
If you are going to Photo Bomb, do it in style!!

Have you rotated the shot to get the dove flying across horizontally? All the ones perched seemed to be leaning forwards ready to jump.

Not sure about how to take your comment, just trying to be a bit different for a bit of variety ?....but in regards to image rotation to straighten the flying bird that would make the rest of the birds very much tilted to the left ?.....if some of the birds in the image look like they are about to jump off it's simply because it was very windy and they are bracing themselves into the wind.

Mods...if this breaches some kind of protocol please delete the thread.

shane shacaluga
02-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Hi Phil. Sorry if my comments came across the wrong way. I like the shot just trying to figure out the way the bird was flying in relation to the tree.

Regarding what i meant by photo bomb, when something shows up in your picture, usually a person you were not expecting to be theree, they call it a photo bomb. Just made me laugh as the pigeon had done it to you.

Apologies if i offended you with my comments

PhilCook
02-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Hi Phil. Sorry if my comments came across the wrong way. I like the shot just trying to figure out the way the bird was flying in relation to the tree.

Regarding what i meant by photo bomb, when something shows up in your picture, usually a person you were not expecting to be theree, they call it a photo bomb. Just made me laugh as the pigeon had done it to you.

Apologies if i offended you with my comments

oops, sorry....I see how I misread this now, ooooo that's embarrassing :e3 apologies Shane

shane shacaluga
02-26-2013, 10:51 AM
No problem ;)