PDA

View Full Version : Hooded female in Flight

Amol Khedgikar
02-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Bad Health made me miss e gorgeous weekend days of shooting.

So posting afte a long time and that too from my vault from earlier this year. My first few days with the hoodies this year were fruitful. Whay do you all think.

Thanks for looking , C&C always welcome, reuested and appreciated.

7D+500mm f4, 7.1, 1/2500, ISO 400, some cleaning up of BG and a crop.

dankearl
02-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Nice photo of a rough subject.
Good exposure and BG.
The crop shows with a bit of noise, but I would be very happy with this.

PhilCook
02-24-2013, 11:04 PM
Looking very nice from me here, sharp in flight shot and liking very much the backdrop especially the finely rippled water. Not sure about the crop though, Ideally I think cropping more off the bottom.....but it would be a shame to lose the ripples. To ovecome that it might be good to put more frame on top and left hand side if you have it and leave the ripples on the bottom, the bird would then be slightly smaller in the frame, but I think still quite acceptable and then the image as a whole would balance out nicer

James Fuller
02-25-2013, 12:10 AM
This is a great shot, I too am unsure on the crop as presented but love the ripples at the bottom of the frame. I used Artie's canvas transform methods here to help move the bird lower in the frame without sacrificing the ripples that I like so much. This would be my cropping suggestion.

Frank Schauf
02-25-2013, 12:34 AM
Nice in flight pose, good capture.

christopher galeski
02-25-2013, 04:28 AM
nice flight pose,like the ripples.thanks.

Miguel Palaviccini
02-25-2013, 10:30 AM
Very nice in-flight pose! These guys are tough to capture in flight, they move around so fast! Wing position is great, and details underneath are there.

Amol Khedgikar
02-25-2013, 11:25 PM
Dan,

Ths is one of my few of my images where I thought I didnt have to deal with noise too much. There was hardly any but Now I see what you mean.

James, Wow, That jut transformed the image. Getting the bird close to the water made a big impact for me... Thanks

Guys I know my crop was not a great call but I really didnt want to loose any more of those beautiful ripples.

PhilCook
02-26-2013, 04:43 AM
Must say, the repost done by James is very good, a great image made nicer with some PS trickery