PDA

View Full Version : Sailing by Starlight

Mitch Carucci
02-23-2013, 05:31 PM
Remask, adjust, StarEffects, simplify & flood.

PhilCook
02-23-2013, 07:24 PM
AH, now as an ex sailing mad Aussie this appeals to me a lot...nice mix of filters especially the flood filter

Nick Palmieri
02-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Really nice job with the filters on this one Mitch!

Mitch Carucci
02-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Phil,

You Aussies are all crazy sailors! In the U.S., sailing is a niche sport, but in Australia, it is a national passion. This boat is an "Atlantic". A very small class in the northeast US (probably a few hundred boats at best). It was designed in 1929 by W.Starling Burgess, who also designed three winning America's Cup yachts (J Boats then). I always thought the Atlantic was a beautiful and classic design. In years past, I did a lot of sailing photography.

It is fun now to pull an old slide out and see what new setting I can put it in. The Kodachromes seem to have lasted the best.

Mitch C.

Kerry Perkins
02-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Mitch, I love your boat images. The stars add a lot of interest to this one and you did a great job with the filters as always. I like the composition of this one also, nicely done.

Cheryl Slechta
02-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Another good one, Mitch. I like the tilt of the boat and the moody darkness. The rich golds in the water are an added plus:S3: