PDA

View Full Version : Evening Grosbeak

Richard Stern
04-29-2008, 11:42 AM
A male, at home the other day. I was close to the bird, which was quite co-operative, but I hope I have done an adequate job of removing some out-of-focus branches in the background.

D300, Nikon 80-400VR, hand-held.
Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/1600 second = 0.00063 second
Lens F-Number/F-Stop = 56/10 = F5.6
Exposure Program = aperture priority (3)
ISO Speed Ratings = 400
Exposure Bias (EV) = 0/6 = 0
Max Aperture Value (APEX) = 50/10 = 5
Metering Mode = pattern / multi-segment (5)
Flash = Flash did not fire

Richard

Philip Lombard
04-29-2008, 01:04 PM
Excellent job Richard, nice comp and sharpness

Roman Kurywczak
04-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Hi Richard,
You might want to go back a little and work on the BG some more as there is a line coming up and near the back..small one from the tail........besides that little bit of clean up.........I think you have very nice light and pose and i even like the angle the branches make pointing at the bird. Just noticed a little OOF thing in the UR you might want to get rid of.......these are minor......the bird is very nice,
Roman

Manos Papadomanolakis
04-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Nice lookig bird with great pose,I would prefer a bit more head turn

Alfred Forns
04-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi Richard There are some signs of work in the bg !!! Not sure what method you were using The best is quick mask rather than cloning the area Looks more natural !!! Wouldn't mind a bit more room for the bird !!! Sure hope you will find him again in the open !!!

John Chardine
04-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Hi Richard- I had these around my house the other day but they were high up in the trees. You were lucky to have them at eye level. Evening Grosbeaks are remarkable birds and you have capture their essence very well here. The only negative thing I can see is that there is quite a bit of noise in the blacks which suggests under-exposure followed by an attempt to bring up the blacks.

Maxis Gamez
04-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Hi Richard,

Lovely profile image. I do find it too tight in the frame.