PDA

View Full Version : The Arkansas Capitol, Little Rock, AK

Tim Rucci
02-22-2013, 10:56 PM
Several years ago I visited and photographed the Pennsylvania Capitol in Harrisburg, PA. I was so intrighted by the architecture and the workmanship, especially inside the building, that I thought it would be fun to visit and photograph all 50 state capitols. I don't know if I'll ever get that done but so far I have visited and photographed 20 of them.

A couple weeks ago we were passing through Little Rock on our way to another destination, and although I had already photographed it inside and out on an earlier trip, I did not have a "dusk" photo. So we stopped for a few minutes to enable me to create the image you see here. Dusk is my favorite time to photograph this kind of subject, because it usually provides the most flattering perspective of these architectural treasures.

Not wanting to inconvenience the other travelers that were with me, I bumped the iso to 3200 and shot this without a tripod. Settings: 1DX, 24-105L lens at 32mm, 1/50 @f5.

Morkel Erasmus
02-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Hi Tim.
I admire your aspiration to photograph all 50 of these lovely buildings. I hope you get round to it :cheers:.
I like the light and the overall placement of the building here - though it is a tad tight on the edges - not sure if your composed/cropped to get rid of intruding/distracting elements in the scene?
I would crop off the bottom - the "reserved" parking signs detract from the scene for me.
I also think the image would benefit from some midtone contrast...
:5