PDA

View Full Version : You Looking at me?

Roman Kurywczak
04-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Baited Little Estero.....This one always cracks me up as it looks like the fish is taking a peek at the bird ........frozen fish don't do that.........but the camera can decieve! Canon 1d Mark3 and the Sigma 300-800 at 536mm and ISO 1250 and f8 for 1/1600 sec. Enough room Artie?:D
Full frame, no crop.....but I may have to lie down and rest because my hands hurt as i sat on them as I went for the crop tool.
As always, comments welcomed and appreciated,
Roman

Fabs Forns
04-29-2008, 10:05 AM
The fish was frozen in attention :)

Really cool moment, well captured. You got the Sigmonster?
Great whites and I like the water reflections painted in the plumage. Good head angle and look of concentration on both ;)

Roman Kurywczak
04-29-2008, 10:17 AM
I've had the Sigmonster for almost 2 years now Fabs.........Love it!
Roman

Grady Weed
04-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Roman, Several things I like. the ripples, reflection of light, whites as a whole and the slight shadows in them. However; the greens seem a bit over contrasted. If you look closer at the bill it to seemsto have a high contrast look, like some of the areas are burned. Or perhaps it was imaged in bright reflective sun? Or did I drink too much coffee? :D

Philip Lombard
04-29-2008, 10:38 AM
cool capture.

Roman Kurywczak
04-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Roman, Several things I like. the ripples, reflection of light, whites as a whole and the slight shadows in them. However; the greens seem a bit over contrasted. If you look closer at the bill it to seemsto have a high contrast look, like some of the areas are burned. Or perhaps it was imaged in bright reflective sun? Or did I drink too much coffee? :D
Actually Grady very good noticing.......but the water is very shallow(3 inches) and in shade....we were near mangroves and this was stuff on bottom.

Alfred Forns
04-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Don't you dare crop that image Roman !!!!!!!!!!!

Some kind of funny !!!! The set up is just perfect !!!! Was there a shadow on the bird? Top looks lighter !! I was temped to suggest removing half the reflection but does look good as presented .... no crop tool :)

Harold Davis
04-29-2008, 02:31 PM
i like how you got the fish and bird to pose at the same time!!:D:D i agree, dont crop it!!

Jody Melanson
04-29-2008, 06:08 PM
I like the comp. Nice image. I boosted the Saturation on the water only, ran Noiseware twice on the water.

http://jmelanson.smugmug.com/photos/287217351_yyWan-O.jpg

Maxis Gamez
04-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Hey there!

This is very unique....the reflection and fish are priceless!!