PDA

View Full Version : Glacier NP - 2002

David Billingsley
04-29-2008, 09:40 AM
McDonald Lake taken in the fall of 2002. Olympus E-10 (retired). The old Olympus served me well for a number of years. Went with Canon in 2007 an became interested in bird photography.

HAVE A BLESSED DAY - dave b.

Roman Kurywczak
04-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Hi David,
It looks a bit dark on my monitor and this can easily be corrected. The biggest recommendation I can make is a substantial crop off the bottom to a pano as the FG is uninteresting because of all the heavy shadows. By cropping just above the bright rocks in the lower 1/3 frame......you make a very strong panoramic presentation especially once the shadow area is brought up a bit. With a little work you may be able to tone down the very bright cloud that remains but I've re-posted the example of the crop and brightness adjustment. Let me know what you think,
Roman

Robert Amoruso
04-29-2008, 12:52 PM
I like the arrangement of the mountains and trees. In the BG you have one peak, middle ground another and the FG a group of trees similarly shaped as the peaks. Good job seeing this symmetry of shapes in the image. THe sky has some nice clouds that make it interested. Overall a good composition strengthened by going to the pano. The near FG is not to interesting and detracts from the peaks and trees.

Roman caught my other suggestions.

David Billingsley
04-30-2008, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions - I agree and like the pano very much. I have a ton of landscapes taken from 2000 through 2006. I need to take time and review them. Many, like this one, can likely be improved.

HAVE A GREAT AND BLESSED DAY - dave b.

Paul Marcellini
04-30-2008, 08:21 AM
One more vote for the crop. Must have been beautiful to be there.