PDA

View Full Version : Bobolink

Emory Moody
04-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Well, the Dr. finallly released me to carry more than 5 lbs weight so I was finally able to get back in the field with camera and tripod.

Went down to the Georgia DNR Altahama site below Darien this past week-end and found the Bobolinks migrating through.

Taken with D3 + 600 F/4 + TC 1.4E. Used the truck as a bind and Artie's BLUBB for support.

Emory

Alfred Forns
04-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Big Congrats on your release Emory !!!! Must have felt good !!!!

Love the perch and setting l like the head position/angle since the bird is concentrating on his meal Excellent exposure and sharpness If anything would have tried separating the white stripe on the bg from intercepting the bird !!! Do like it as presented !!!!! Hope you get many more !!!!

Daniel Cadieux
04-29-2008, 11:30 AM
If the perch doesn't extend too far out of the frame I'd like to see it's tip. Head angle opinion will be variable in this case (and it already is!!), but I would prefer more of a turn towards the camera. But I do agree it is not as bad because it is looking at food. Can't wait for their arrival up here!!

Roman Kurywczak
04-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi Emory,
Alfred already mentioned the bright BG spot.......and Daniel makes a very good point on the top of the grass......it may be too much........great detail in the bird,
Roman

Gayle Clement
04-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Beautiful bird, very nicely photographed. I like the sharpness of the bird and grass seed. I love the head angle as it is in this one.