PDA

View Full Version : Tufted Titmouse

Jim Crosswell
02-19-2013, 03:35 PM
This was taken last month at a local Nature Center. A feeding station is nearby. All C&Cs are welcome and appreciated.

Canon 1D Mark IV
500L f4
ISO 1000
1/320s
f/7.1
Tripod
Manual Mode

Bill Dix
02-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Love these little guys. You caught him in a typical alert pose with crest raised. Good exposure and complimentary bg. A little more DOF might have been wished for, but it looks like you didn't have a lot of light to work with.

Dave Leroy
02-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Well focused where it counts. Lovely pose with the raised crest and direct look and very complimentary colors.

Karl Egressy
02-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Nice pose with the raised crest. Good eye contact and sharpness on the head. Excellent background and nice snow covered perch. I seem to see some patter on the wing that I'm not sure what it might be, Shadow?
All in all it is a very nice image of this cutie, Jim.

gail bisson
02-19-2013, 06:06 PM
I always smile when I see pics of tufted titmice.
Nice color palette. Great complimentary BG and I like the little bit of snow.
I would take a sliver off the LHS,
Gail

Sidharth Kodikal
02-19-2013, 07:15 PM
These little guys have so much character. You've captured a great pose. Exp and sharpness look excellent. Love the snow on the perch. Nice work Jim.

Melissa Groo
02-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Super pose captured and I really like the complementary colors. Beautiful detail of the feathers on his back. Love that perky crest.

Robert Holguin
02-19-2013, 11:52 PM
Wonderful shot.
Terrific pose and great perch.
Great feather detail, very nice background, and great comp.
Well done.

dankearl
02-20-2013, 12:58 AM
You get really nice photo's of small birds in non setup settings.
Very good field craft and always nice comps and IQ.
Nice to see this little guy, well done and a bird not often posted.

Jim Crosswell
02-20-2013, 07:27 AM
You get really nice photo's of small birds in non setup settings.
Very good field craft and always nice comps and IQ.
Nice to see this little guy, well done and a bird not often posted.

Thanks Dan. There is not much field craft involved here. The feeding station at the Nature Center is about 10ft away. The birds are coming in from different directions and I move around to get them as they arrive.

Stu Bowie
02-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Hi Jim, love the leaning forward pose - did he take off? The titmouse is sharp, and you have captured the finer detail nicely. Exposure spot on, and yes, the colours in the BG complement him very well.

Jim Crosswell
02-20-2013, 11:19 AM
Hi Jim, love the leaning forward pose - did he take off? The titmouse is sharp, and you have captured the finer detail nicely. Exposure spot on, and yes, the colours in the BG complement him very well.

He took off within seconds. They don't stay still and have a hit and run style. Thanks for your comment Stuart.

Shawn Zierman
02-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Excellent image Jim. This bird looks focused and intent. Your processing is really really good. It's obvious you get a lot of things
right at the time of capture, but man, I never see compression issues or artifacts, the sharpening is always perfect...impressive
consistency sir.

Jim Crosswell
02-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind comments and suggestions.