PDA

View Full Version : Coyote

Chris Dodds
04-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Image Copyright Christopher Dodds All Rights Reserved.
Coyote

Canon 1DsMKII, 500mm F4 from car. ISO400 F5.6 1/200s Manual. Full Frame.

Brutal critiques welcome!

Steve Canuel
04-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Nice pose of the subject and I like how the the tree on the left (as viewed) provides a counter point anchor. I also like the BG color. Biggest problems I see are a bit of noise in the far left edge (as viewed) and the distracting bright lines and spots in the BG. I'd clone them out (not all, but just the brighter ones) and lighten up the tree behind his head to better blend in with the colors. A little selective NR on the BG should finish it up nicely. Just my brutal critique :)
Steve

Robert Amoruso
04-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Chris,

The BG snow on the branches does not bother me. I think the tonality is low enough that no particular attention is needed. If you want, you could select the background and lower its brightness some overall. I am OK with the BG as is however.

The Coyote / Tree balancing act in the image works great.

Bob Ettinger
04-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Chris,

Great detail and the coyote and tree nicely balance one another as already stated.

Alfred Forns
05-01-2008, 10:03 AM
I like it as presented and is a very appealing image !!! The noise as pointed out is not bad and can be easily remove !!!

peter delaney
05-01-2008, 12:23 PM
lovely composition ,lovely image, noise not to much of a problem for me.

Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
05-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi Chris,
Besides the noise......I like it. I think the BG works in this case......as it's not so much a shot of the coyote but of the overall environment. Very well done.