PDA

View Full Version : Sea Fog

Kerry Perkins
02-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Captured above the coast north of Santa Barbara, California. I was driving down the mountain on the way home and saw this developing so I drove up a hill and captured it. I'm just learning landscape and getting to know the wider angles of life. :c3: This is an HDR made with five exposures, one stop apart and centered at 1/100sec.

1D4, EF16-35mm f/2.8L II @ 35mm
Manual mode, f/11@1/25-1/400 ISO 400 WB 5100K

Jerry van Dijk
02-19-2013, 04:41 PM
HI Kerry, this has a very nice mood! The colors do seem a bit off, with the sun looking a little pinkish and a pink cast in the upper part of the sky. Maybe some selective color adjustment would do the trick. I'm not a serious "landscaper" (yet), so I'm curious what the experts would advise.

Don Lacy
02-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Hi Kerry, I rally like the concept you were trying to go for here with layers of color and comp but two things let this image down for me. The first id the color is way off the image has way to much cyan and magenta in it I would re process it and try for a more natural HDR effect. While I like the comp i think it would be stronger if you cropped out the sun its way to far to the left of the frame and feels cramped up against the frame of the image I would also take a little off the top.