PDA

View Full Version : Another Bluebird from my backyard.

Mike Delgado
02-18-2013, 07:15 PM
I have 2 pairs nesting in my yard. I don't have to go far to photograph these birds.

Daniel Cadieux
02-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Hey Mike, lucky you tho have these in your yard! Beautiful subject to work with, and you've got some really pretty colours on him. Sharp details, excellent BG. The light angle gave you nice texture on the feathers. The perch is not the best IMO, a bit thick and the end of it is not attractive. HA could be better too. I'm sure you'll have lots of good stuff with this little project you've got yourself!

Shawn Zierman
02-19-2013, 03:54 AM
Background control is excellent, and really a great color mix to show this species against.
Handsome male bird...a slight head turn towards us would be nice. Perch issues covered.
Are you against feeding blue birds?

Mike Delgado
02-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Background control is excellent, and really a great color mix to show this species against.
Handsome male bird...a slight head turn towards us would be nice. Perch issues covered.
Are you against feeding blue birds?

Shawn

No.
I have a few bird feeders in my backyard. Last year a couple of Bluebirds flew in and nested in a bird house close by. I did a little research on them and decided to buy dry meal worms for them. I have a feeder just for them and enjoy them in the backyard.

Shawn Zierman
02-20-2013, 01:00 AM
Thanks. A reasonable answer imo. If I were lucky enough to have bluebirds nest in my yard, I would feed, bait, entice, make them feel welcome in any way I could!
Bluebirds trump Prozac any day imo :)