PDA

View Full Version : A tough day at the office

Lance Peters
04-29-2008, 06:28 AM
Something a little different again, taken on a very very windy overcast day and I was also above my friend in the water. He was finding it very tough going as the wind was causing ripples on the water and he was fnding it hard to spot fish - hence some weird head angles and the like that I tried to capture.

To me he looks quite menacing.

D3
SIGMA 300-800
2 x tele converte
shot at 1600 mm
Manual focus
F11
1/100th
+1.7EV
200ISO

Gus Cobos
04-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Hey lance,
Like the composition and image, would have liked to have seen a different head angle, but I like it...:D

Alfred Forns
04-29-2008, 07:32 AM
Hi Lance Great feeding stance I like how the weave the head back and forth to triangulate the prey On these we also like to have the head not tilted away from the plane Just works better.

The big one here are the virtual legs ... cut off !!!! Remember to imagine the end and then give a little more room !!! Did really well with the exposure the plus comp was just perfect. Stopping down also helped with the sharpness after using the converter !!!! btw if you really want to fine tune select the eye and lighten the yellow a bit Does make it pop !!!!

Extended canvas and lighten (also the eye area) Still looks a little tight in frame?

Oscar Zangroniz
04-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Hey Lance, very nice shot considering the 2x converter on that lens is still sharp. Agree with Al regarding the head angle.
Overall still a nice capture.
Regards,

Lance Peters
04-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Hi Oscar - that lens is amazing - just incredible without the converter and even with the converted outstanding - a absoulte bargain.

Only downside is the size and weight.

Thanks

Lance