PDA

View Full Version : Partially Leucistic Black-capped Chickadee.

Karl Egressy
02-18-2013, 07:37 AM
I spent one night and two half days up in Algonquin P.P.
Here is a bird I haven't ever seen before; patially leucistic BCCH.
Yesterday early morning the temperature was -30 degree Celsius (-22 F).
I could take it only for a short time, and went out again when it warmed up to a bulmy -24 C (-11.2 F).

Thanks for looking.

Canon 1D MIV
Canon 500 f4.0 L IS
Manual Exposure
F 8.0
1/1250 s
ISO 400

Nick Palmieri
02-18-2013, 08:00 AM
Really nice looking bird. I like the slight head turn and the detail is incredible. Perch with a little snow looks great. That's pretty cold even for me...

Shawn Zierman
02-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Sweet Karl. I enjoy a lot about this image. The background variations are beautiful. The snow on the perch
adds a nice touch, and the exposure work looks excellent. What a cool looking chickadee! Very nice composition too.
Did you just happen upon this?! I don't see that any attractants have been listed in the OP.

Karl Egressy
02-18-2013, 09:21 AM
Sweet Karl. I enjoy a lot about this image. The background variations are beautiful. The snow on the perch
adds a nice touch, and the exposure work looks excellent. What a cool looking chickadee! Very nice composition too.
Did you just happen upon this?! I don't see that any attractants have been listed in the OP.

Thanks, Shaw.
My answer is yes and no.
Whe I saw it I thought it was a new species for me.
Then it slowly came back that I read about it in one of the postings in the past.
I did not remember where it was and when it was reported.
In fact I went to this spot looking for a Pine Marten that I successfuly found I photographed there last year.
Also ther was a report about a Boreal Chickadee, that I heard but did not see at this spot. I found it later at an other location. (very badly lit location)

Stu Bowie
02-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Hi Karl, I like how you have placed the bird in the LRC, and you have certainly exposed him well enough. The colour of the BG complements him nicely, and the snow covered perch looks good. My only wish is for you to have not cut off the lower left part of the perch. :w3

PhilCook
02-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Very attractive setting Karl and bird looks sharp, I'm liking very much the pine perch and snow, backdrop is rather nice as well. A lot to like about this shot, such a tiny beak this bird has. +40 deg C yesterday here as opposed to -30 over you way, and guess what.... no snow here lol

Cheryl Arena Molennor
02-18-2013, 05:59 PM
I love this Karl. Sweet little guy on a nice perch. It is a totally different comp and I like it

jack williamson
02-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Awesome shot of an awesome bird, love his coloration, love the perch and snow, the bg and the fine detail on the bird.

Mike Delgado
02-18-2013, 08:00 PM
This is a sweet Image Karl!

Satish Ranadive
02-19-2013, 12:13 AM
Excellent image with lovely composition.
Love the cute bird,looks like he has posed for you only:S3:,very nice perch ( wish we have such beautiful perch here),and snow on the perch.

Regards,
Satish.

Frank Schauf
02-21-2013, 05:59 AM
Very nice shot. Great background, real nice perch and great pose, and excellent comp, Karl.