PDA

View Full Version : Marsh Wren

dankearl
02-17-2013, 08:55 PM
I just realized I have posted 500 images here, about 400 too many, but to celebrate the 501st,
The tiny Marsh Wren. Tough to get out of the thickets and I don't see them posted here,
but they have began their Spring mating calls and are a beautiful little bird I think.
Taken Yesterday, I was patience and waited a while to get one up out of the thicket.

1/800, f7.1, iso800, 600mm, D800, HH
Erased a couple of twig/branches.

DSC_4895bpn.jpg (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=124979&stc=1&d=1361152338)

Randy Stout
02-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Dan:

I am not sure about 400 too many images. Yes, there have been 375 picture of buffleheads, but hey, who am I to talk since I have posted a few loon images over the years. :t3

Excellent detail in this fellow, with nice exposure and sharpness.

I would be tempted to clean up the remaining white area touching the nape of the neck, and perhaps a modest crop from the top.

Congrats on the 500 images posted!

Cheers

Randy

PhilCook
02-18-2013, 02:38 AM
Almost as good as possible to get imo opinion Dan, and I'm fussy over little bird shots, and this is one of the very best I've seen, The dof is perfect as is the detail showing through...such lovely plain earthy colors on this bird. The eye is lovely and clear, OK so maybe better if connecting with the camera, but still very nice. I especially like the light streaked backdrop in this one....apart from what I say about the eye direction there is not a single thing I would change about this one..........99% perfect imo { nobody ever gets 100% lol }

David Salem
02-18-2013, 03:22 AM
Great shot of this little guy. Not an easy bird to get in the open. Techs look perfect and I like the pose and HA. The perch and comp complete the makings of a very nice photo.. Well done.

Shawn Zierman
02-18-2013, 03:32 AM
I enjoy the soft light quality and nicely sharpened details on the bird. Pose, angle of view, and head angle of the subject are pleasing. Nice job "erasing" the twigs/branches, hardly noticeable, or do I see just a slight left over smudge coming off the bird in the lower chest area? The blob of moss under the bird is not ideal imo, but I'm guessing this was not a set-up and call playback was not used...
So all in all, excellent open view of the bird, moss or not.

Karl Egressy
02-18-2013, 09:43 AM
This might not be the most common perch for this bird, as I would see them on reeds and cattails.
Nice side-back view with a looking back head angle. Love the colours in the bird and in the background. Excellent overall image, Dan.

Stu Bowie
02-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Hi Dan, congrats on your 500, plenty more to go. :w3 Interesting pose, he looks 'twisted', but I like it. Good overall detail on the wren, sharp, and I do like the earthy colours on him.

jack williamson
02-18-2013, 07:17 PM
Post on my friend! This is an awesome shot of this little bird. Great exposure and sharp as a tack, perfect head turn and the bg compliments the bird.

Jim Crosswell
02-19-2013, 10:05 PM
I like the raised tail, exposure, sharpness, DOF and composition. Congratulations on your 500th post.