PDA

View Full Version : Jupiter Light HDR

Michael Pancier
04-29-2008, 05:23 AM
Figured I'd post a lighthouse shot to again demonstrate HDR or psedu HDR with photomatic pro.

Taken right after sunset

40d + 24-105L
@ 40mm
f/11
8 seconds
ISO 200

converted from raw with photomatix pro and final processing in lightroom and cs3.

Judy Lynn Malloch
04-29-2008, 06:59 AM
Very dramatique image Michael and I love the selected lighting on the lighthouse. The colors seem quite satured and is that due to the HDR?

Michael Pancier
04-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Very dramatique image Michael and I love the selected lighting on the lighthouse. The colors seem quite satured and is that due to the HDR?

yes the HDR process does boost saturation esp. here with the tungsten lighting on the lighthouse hence the more orange hue. I'll try a selective saturation using vivenza and see the comparison.

Roman Kurywczak
04-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Hi Micheal,
I really like what you are doing with the pseudo HDR's.......are you going to post a how to in the educational resources about it??? When I first looked at this, I loved the lighthouse and the bouy. You know me and the crop tool........so gone was the house on the left and a little off top and bottom proportionally............that made the image unbalance right........hacked it off to put the light in the ROT. I'm only posting the cropped version as an example of what I would selfishly love to see you try.......as the lighting on the 2 main elements and the lightposts is way cool!........and with your skill at the HDR........this one would be off the charts!!! I hope you can make it back soon or have others closer up,
Roman
PS Now that I look at the original again.........just get rid of the house.

Robert Amoruso
04-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Michael, I really like the blues in the image - so deep, but the lighthouse saturation is just a bit too much for me. Either the original or Roman's crop work OK for me.

Harold Davis
04-29-2008, 02:42 PM
i like both of them too.

Paul Marcellini
04-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Both versions work for me as well. I think I would like to see a vertical as well. I always love night reflections in water.

Bob Ettinger
04-30-2008, 12:55 PM
For me both wrk but I agree with getting rid of the house. Great lighting

Mike Tracy
04-30-2008, 08:12 PM
I also like the blues. I think the over all image would be improved upon with the light house a little more subtle.

Phil Colla
05-01-2008, 09:29 AM
The contrast between the colorful light and the deep blue sky is what makes this shot. I like your second composition better than the first. Well done!