PDA

View Full Version : Unidentified

John Cooper
04-29-2008, 03:17 AM
Canon EOS 10D, Canon 100mm macro, Flash x2, ISO 100, F22, Tripod

Ed Vatza
04-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Interesting subject and composition, John. It looks a lot like a seashell but is a fungus, I assume. I not sure I can pinpoint what it is but something about the more brightly lit moss to the left of the fungus bothers me. It looks like it has been dragged from the background into the subject's plane and begins to compete with the subject. Does that make sense?

John Cooper
04-29-2008, 06:47 AM
Interesting subject and composition, John. It looks a lot like a seashell but is a fungus, I assume. I not sure I can pinpoint what it is but something about the more brightly lit moss to the left of the fungus bothers me. It looks like it has been dragged from the background into the subject's plane and begins to compete with the subject. Does that make sense?

Thanks for the comments Ed. Yes it is a mushroom and I know what you are saying about the prominent moss in the FG. This moss has caught light from the flash fired slightly behind the subject - its one aspect of this image that appeals to me ;)

Fabs Forns
04-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Funky looking mushroom :)
I like how the light shines through it. It makes me think of an Art Deco lamp :)

David Steele
04-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Beautiful lighting enhancing a delicate subject as far as I'm concerned, John. Lovely!