PDA

View Full Version : Female leopard - chilling

Steve Kaluski
02-16-2013, 10:40 AM
Another image from the series of shots taken with this lovely female leopard.

Previous posts have been either in colour or B/W, this time I have gone for just a toned image. The tail was curled round and behind the trunk, so I have no issue about cropping it, although this is FF widthwise.

Steve

Subject: Resting female leopard, outstretched on dead tree, looking to camera (Panthera pardus)
Camera: Canon MKIV
Lens: 500f/4 HH
Exposure: 1/1000s at f/7.1 ISO400 +1 stop compensation

Marina Scarr
02-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Terrific image, Steve. Love the pose, the pano crop, the super perch and the "look." Details are tremendous. I like the toned look but would be curious to see this one in B &W as well.

Andreas Liedmann
02-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Hi Steve,
you made it....... me too

Excellent processed image with a good looking relaxed leopard.
Love the composition and the tonal range in the subject, with good detail and sharpness where it counts

Maybe reducing the blacks , a tad for me. Not sure though, just an idea.

Only issue for me is this duotone stuff, reminds of images from my grand parents, specially with this color.

But still , a great one:cheers:.

Cheers Andreas

Anette Mossbacher
02-17-2013, 12:52 PM
HI Steve,

great image, love the Pano crop. The tone works very well on this leopard. Lovely animal and image :bg3:

Shreyas Mantri
02-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Very nice image, Steve! I especially love the head-on stare and the texture of the fossilized seat of the cat.
TSF

Rachel Hollander
02-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Hi Steve - she gave you a great look and nice to have an eye level pov even though she is on a branch. The tone works for me with the high key type bg. I can't believe I'm saying this but I feel like it is a little too sharp in places (hindquarters and the branch where it meets the trunk).

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
02-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Fabulous image Steve, I like the overall look, the composition and HA. Terrific Stuff!!!!

Morkel Erasmus
02-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Just works well, Steve...
Love the toning.