PDA

View Full Version : White-bellied Hummingbird and Crocosmia

Juan Carlos Vindas
02-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Hello folks, today I want to participate with this image of one of my all-time favorite hummingbirds. (White-bellied Mountain-gem)

I used 3 flashes, I lured the bird with sugar water, the BG is an print of an OOF image.
5D
300f/4@14
ISO 250
1/200SEC
Minor work in LR4

Your comments and suggestions are always welcome!

Stu Bowie
02-16-2013, 03:19 AM
Hi JC, I really like the approaching flight pose, and the different coloured iridescence show up nicely. Comp work well with both subjects placed opposite each other in the frame, and the BG works well. Although the edge of the far wing is tattered, I like it, adds a bit more character to the overall image.

PhilCook
02-16-2013, 03:40 AM
Comes across very nicely Juan...enviably would be a more suitable description. Lovely composition and all sits in the frame well. The tatty wing as Stuart suggest looks OK, it shows the finer detail you have achieved. Impressive use of multiple flash, my only small nit pic would be the foremost flower is a tad bright.

Randy Stout
02-16-2013, 06:32 AM
Juan Carlos:

Lovely colors, interesting down the barrel pose, good flash use, although I wish the shadows weren't quite so deep on the wing and body.

The flower is very colorful against the green, but because of the color and brightness, it is the first thing I see in the image, rather than the bird. You might try tinkering with the brightness of the flower, and perhaps try to open up the shadows on the hummer a bit.

The tattered wing is an cool detail.

Cheers

Randy

Satish Ranadive
02-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Juan:
Magnificent image,wonderful colors,great pose with nice eye contacts,beautiful flowers and BG.
Nice composition too.Love it.

Regards,
Satish.

Matthew Studebaker
02-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Hi JC, I really like the approaching flight pose, and the different coloured iridescence show up nicely. Comp work well with both subjects placed opposite each other in the frame, and the BG works well. Although the edge of the far wing is tattered, I like it, adds a bit more character to the overall image.

I agree. wonderful background and colors.

Juan Carlos Vindas
02-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Thanks so much guys for your input.