PDA

View Full Version : One Ugly Bird

Kenn Christensen
04-29-2008, 12:28 AM
I got of shot of this Sandhill Crane today. It has been raining and snowing for the last 3 days and you can see he is not very happy. He also has some sort of ugly growth on his face and on one of his knees. I thought about correcting all that.. but even then. he would STILL be ugly.. so I figured go with the flow.. the shot was taken dead center cuz I liked they symetry since he was glaring right at me. and thats the story!
canon 1d MK III
500 mm w 1.4 tc
f7.1
1/400
iso 640
+1

Chris Dodds
04-29-2008, 04:21 AM
Not an ugly bird, just a wet one. I think I would have put a 2X on and tried for a head shot here. The saturated colors and flat light would have made for an amazing portrait. For a whole bird image, I would have taken the 1.4X off the camera, and included more room for the feet.

I keep looking at the head with that amazing OOF background and those amazing, saturated colors.

Kenn Christensen
04-29-2008, 07:22 AM
I think I can crop into just a head portrait.. of course I cant create more space around the bird with any ease!.. it was a pretty unique oppurtunity with everything being so wet and saturated (including the bird!)

Alfred Forns
04-29-2008, 07:52 AM
HI Kenn Agree with Chris on going tight !!!! As presented legs are cut off !!!! If this is close to full fame would crop tighter !!!

Great look and feel !! ..... and I think its a good looking bird :cool:

Steve Canuel
04-29-2008, 09:07 PM
He's not ugly, just sick, wet, and dirty. Looks like he could have a touch of the avian pox.
Steve