PDA

View Full Version : White Throated Kingfisher

supreet.sahoo
02-14-2013, 10:15 PM
A white throated Kingfisher shot at Nagarhole National Park last weekend. It was infact one of more disappointing trips that I have made in the last few years in terms of cat sightings. We missed leopards by a whisker and it was not a pleasant feeling I must say. So to make the best of the situation we ensured that we shoot even the commonest of the birds if found in the best settings. This one here once such image that I made during the trip.
Canon 7D, 420mm, 5.6, 1/320, -.7

Loi Nguyen
02-14-2013, 11:22 PM
Supreet, I'm sorry to hear you missed the big cats, but this is a great image. Beautiful colors, nice BG, and a very sharp bird. I can even see the horizon in the bird's eye. How much crop was there? I suspect not much. Love the way you have extra canvas beyond the perch. Well done.

PhilCook
02-15-2013, 02:41 AM
I like this one a lot Supreet, the perfect pose in my opinion and standing out so nicely against the very smooth backdrop .Nicely aged perch as well, a little more detail in the shadows would improve slightly, and I personally feel a little more off the top would make placement in the frame a little nicer, but wonderful shot in just the same

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
02-15-2013, 08:11 AM
Super shot Supreet! Nice perch, HA & BG. Nice details in the whites, agree with Phil reg opening up the blacks a bit in the under belly.

Daniel Cadieux
02-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Such is the way it goes with nature photography sometimes! This was a nice consolation prize. Good perch, BG, pose. A bit tighter crop would be better for the comp, and some fill would have been good for the dark belly. You will need to be careful about noise if you decide to open up the shadows there...best to do it during raw conversion, and even there you will need to be careful.

David Salem
02-15-2013, 09:59 AM
I like this one allot. Great pose, perch and BG. The bird is exposed well and there are lots of details in the feathers. Maybe squeak a bit more out of the blacks and I agree about a little tighter crop, at least a bit off the top. Very well done.

Satish Ranadive
02-16-2013, 08:34 AM
Supreet:
Beautiful image.I like the pose,colors,perch and nice BG.
Very well done.

Regards,
Satish.