PDA

View Full Version : Female Hoodie

Miguel Palaviccini
02-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Hope you aren't getting sick of these guys yet! I was able to get fairly close by being patient and only moving a couple of yards at a time. I would stop, wait a minute or two and continue the trend until I was at the bank of the pond. Still needed to use the 2x to get a full frame shot. Fairly overcast, minimal light coming in from the right. With VR on, I decided to drop the SS in favor of a bit lower ISO. Love the green reflection in the water, and hopefully it's not too saturated.

In post, cleaned up some debris in the water, ran NR twice on the bg, detail extractor and curves adjustment on the hoodie, resized, and sharpened for web.

Weather hasn't been great lately, so there may not be some Hoodie postings for a bit. Hopefully it clears up by the weekend!

Shooting Info:
Nikon D800 | 500 f/4 + 2x
1/200" (VR on) | f/9 | ISO 2000

Marina Scarr
02-14-2013, 11:20 AM
You've done a good job capturing this at ISO 2000 and processing. Nice details, colors, and I like the side lighting and calm water. There's something quite calming about this capture.

Frank Schauf
02-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Sweet light, nice low angle. Great capture.

Karl Egressy
02-14-2013, 06:04 PM
I like the Hoodie series of yours and this one is not exception. Great looking lady, love the resting pose, Miguel.

David Salem
02-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Next to the 1000th post, this is my favorite. Exposure and details are beautiful and I love the water color and the hint of side lighting. Very appealing Image!

PhilCook
02-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Lovely light quality Miguel despite overcast conditions, low angle is great, maybe a tad bright on the extended head feathers on the left, but side lighting is rather nice, very simplistic and serene image