PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Iin The Rain

Travis Reid
02-09-2013, 07:23 PM
This is the first photo I took when I received my Sigma 500/4.5..1/250ƒ/4.5ISO 800 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/danedawg/8233768144/meta/in/photostream)..http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8480/8233768144_58f06dc13c_b.jpg

gail bisson
02-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Hi Travis,
A lovely shot!
Great POV and head turn and love the open beak with the visible tongue.
Love the mottled BG and the moss and raindrops on the perch. Nice and sharp.
You forgot to post your techs but I will forgive you this time!!:S3:
If I may make a few suggestions...
I see a real magenta cast in this image so would reduce that.
I would brighten the image by a half stop.
I would do NR again on the BG.
Gail

Amol Khedgikar
02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
very Nice Shot, Sharp and clean. Fine pose and great details. It has the wet look of a soggy day. you did well to get close.

I would have preferred a slightly lenient crop. I get a feeling that this magnificent bird is crammed for space in this frame, especially the top. There is also still a considerable amount of noise seen. +1 for the magenta cast

Raymond Lee
02-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Great capture! I love the open beak and the over the shoulder look. I agree with above that there's a bit of magenta cast. As for the noise, my guess is that you might have done some selective noise reduction on the bird instead of the background. Also, there might be some editing artifacts on the background right side of the tail. If there is more canvas at the top and bottom, I would add more room (especially the top).

Satish Ranadive
02-10-2013, 02:41 AM
Beautiful image of eagle in rain.Love the pose with open beak,nice colors,eye and BG.
Rest is mentioned by Gail.

Regards,
Satish.

Dave Leroy
02-10-2013, 10:05 AM
I imagine you are very happy with the new lens. Nice close up of the eagle and I really like the pose. Good points raised.
Certainly a wet coast photo.

PhilCook
02-11-2013, 04:00 AM
The Sigma 500 f4.5 does not get enough attention that it deserves, it produces excellent results at a reasonable price, a friend of mine has one and the results are almost on par with my Canon 500 f4....this image proves that fact well.

Sharp detail and liking the backdrop, such a dramatic pose too, Gail has summed it all up well I feel....but overall a dynamic image !