PDA

View Full Version : Its a snap

Richard Unsworth
02-08-2013, 05:06 PM
:S3:

Scarlet Macaw - massive pressure in that beak, here shattering a Beach Almond.

I think the motion blur accentuates the snap. Frame taken pretty close, in Puerto Jiminez Osa CR

Dropped red sat a little, a real test to get that right when taking the shot. The bird is wild.

1/320 ISO 400 Ev +1 f5.6 HH

Karl Egressy
02-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Nice portrait, Richard. Personally I would heav preferred a sharp beak but if your intention was to imply motion, it worked.

SteveYoung
02-09-2013, 02:34 AM
Very cool portrait. I like the blurred beak and very shallow dof, it makes the staring eye pop. I would probably try to clone out or otherwise minimize the light, splotchy areas in the bg but its a good shot as is.

gail bisson
02-09-2013, 07:53 AM
I really like the colors and the flying bit of beach almond.
I think I would have preferred it as a tack sharp image with a bit more DOF but still a unique shot,
Gail

Craig Kerr
02-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Some thing different, with the colours grabbing your attention.
I like the composition and slight blur on the bill.

Miguel Palaviccini
02-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Richard, this is a very nice portrait. The colors are great, the details around the eye are nice.

I would have liked a little bit of a cleaner background, especially at the top left. The blurred piece around the beak is a bit distracting.

Miguel

Stu Bowie
02-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Hi Richard, striking colours on these guys and not easty to get the colours right, especially their reds. The critical focus is on the eye, works for me. Having said that, I too would have preferred a sharper image, and more DOF, but it looks like you were battling with light looking at your settings.