PDA

View Full Version : Harry with Head Dress

Michael Stern
04-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi,
Well this photo was not planned however I thought it should be shared. Taken at Green Cay yesterday (What a Day!! :() however we shall survive with fun photos such as this !! Taken before a "walker" knocked my camera/tripod and 500 f.4 IS Lens into the water all of which were not in the "walkway" !!! The card dried out and saved the photos...wooopied due! The lens will be repaired.........canon 40d; Flash - adios!
Lesson: Keep in "control" of your tripods at all times if you can, the unthinkable can happen!
Best to All,
Michael
PS: Photo does not seem sharp on thumbnail however it is pretty good in Tiff...

CANON 40D --500 f4 IS Lens
Shutter speed: 1/3200 sec
Aperture: 5
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: -2/3
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Spot
Drive mode: Continuous (high): frame 1
ISO: 800
AF mode: One-shot AF

Axel Hildebrandt
04-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the smile, the 'hairdo' makes this image for me. It looks quite soft, though. Did you run NR on the the plumage? I might clone out the vertical branch above the head.

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope you or the walker are well-insured.

John Chardine
04-28-2008, 08:49 PM
I hope you had the lens insured!

Michael Stern
04-28-2008, 09:16 PM
The lady who did it denied it...however she was the ONLY ONE around !! Fabs was there!!
Thank you my State Farm !

Raul Quinones
04-28-2008, 09:16 PM
I am sorry to hear that, I spend most of my time at Green Cay, I am always afraid that some moron is going to trip my rig.

Gus Cobos
04-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Hey Michael,
You are one **** of a trooper my friend, my hats off to you...:cool: Hey, better days will come, count on that. I like your capture alot...:) I sure that Canon could fix and dry out the lens for a couple of hundred dollars...:D See you in class.

Always the best,

Your buddy ,
Gus...:cool:

Fabs Forns
04-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Darling, I know your lens was being cleaned early this morning.
Remind me tomorrow night in class to go over sizing and sharpening for web, there's no reason for this not to be sharp.
I see SF came through for you.

What a morning!!!!!

Alfred Forns
04-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi Michael !!! Glad to hear the lens will come back to life !!! It was a sad sight !!!

There is something going on as you downsize to web I'm sure the original is very different and does not have the soft appearance Will figure it out !!!
I find the grass coming out of the head and expression comical Neat !!!!!

When setting up fort this images do look close in the viewfinder for objects behind the subject In this case the green stalk right through the middle of the head detracts from image At times taking one step to the side makes all the difference. Still there but not through the head !!!!!

Chris Dodds
04-29-2008, 04:39 AM
Sorry to hear of your "incident". Think Al & Fabs will be able to offer help on web presentation...