PDA

View Full Version : Fall in Killarney.

Tom Cudzilo
02-07-2013, 10:14 PM
http://kayaker-photography.smugmug.com/Other/Favourites/i-vjN4b6g/0/O/_MG_2744---george-lake.jpg

I have decided to post these larger.
7D with 17-40mm and CP.
Shot vertically from a canoe. Very minimal pp.

Robert Amoruso
02-10-2013, 12:07 PM
Tom,

My first comment would be nice color and detail in the rocks. I would then ask for the shutter speed and f/stop as both are important factors here. Aperture controls the depth of field and the large rock FG bottom is not sharp. For me that is a distraction. If possible a smaller aperture was in order.

I feel the image is a bit soft as well as lacking detail accentuation in the rocks. In the repost I used Local Contrast Enhancement (BG Copy, USM @ 25/50/0) to increase local contrast (detail) in the rocks and trees. I then felt the trees looked too contrasty and masked them with a 50% opacity brush. I then sharpened the whole image with one round of USM at 125/0.3/0 and masked the trees out at 100% black brush, middle ground rocks above and below trees at 25% mask and the FG bottom rocks (the ones not in focus with no mask helping that area feel sharper.

It may/is be oversharpened in areas but that will be up to you to tweak it as you see fit.

Morkel Erasmus
02-13-2013, 05:08 PM
I can only agree with Robert here, Tom.
His repost is an improvement to me.
Nice colours and textures, with a few tweaks and even better light it would shine!