PDA

View Full Version : Anhinga Trail, Cars, and Black Vultures

Ed Cordes
02-06-2013, 10:38 PM
A few years ago, I think about 2009, we were in Florida and the Everglades. At that time there was a problem with the black vultures eating the rubber window seals and weather stripping on the cars parked in the parking lot. Is this still an issue or has it been solved?While I didn't have an issue back then I am a bit concerned as this year I will be parking my own BMW rather than a rental. :w3 If it is still an issue is there a suggested solution like a coating on the rubber or something like it?

Don Lacy
02-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Still happens they seem to like some cars better then others, my friend had his Yukon attacked and he now brings a cover for it. I like to park close to the bathrooms were this is a lot of foot traffic.

Ed Cordes
02-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Don, thanks for the response. Does parking close the the RR work or do you still cover? Seems like after all these years there should be something to do!

Robert Doiron
02-10-2013, 08:36 AM
I was there last month. You can now borrow covers to put over your car at Anhinga Trail. These covers are located near the parking area and are supplied by the Park. Also see this article: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/28/v-fullstory/3159785/everglades-park-offers-anti-vulture.html

Ed Cordes
02-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Thanks Robert and Don. I am ordering a car cover to take with me as soon as I post this.