PDA

View Full Version : Indian Courser.

Satish Ranadive
02-04-2013, 07:45 AM
This image was created in the last month. Cropped for composition and sharpened.
One grass leaf near tail was removed.

ISO: 200, 1/400 @ F: 5.6.Spot metering.
WB: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

Faraaz Abdool
02-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Wow Satish - this is a real stunner here. Excellent sharpness on the bird, I love the low perspective as well. Only thing for me would be the repeating patterns close to the tail where (I presume) you took out the leaf.

Karl Egressy
02-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Nice looking bird and a very nice image, Satish. You left enough room for the legs but I feel that there is too much room at the top.
You might take 10-15 mm off.

Daniel Cadieux
02-04-2013, 10:12 AM
I like the composition as is, I just wish the legs were not so much cut off (getting a bit higher may have worked). Love the pose here with the head slightly tilted up. Colours and warm tones look great. The wing looks a bit hazy as if you dodged the blacks there (compared to the beautiful blacks on the lores).

vishaljadhav
02-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Nice image Satish,
The crest is up making it interesting,
There is hint of NR on the image which does not go with the DOF
if i look at the focus plane the DOF should be same in the plane of the standing bird, the OOF in front and behind on the image just doesn't seem logical, is there any more processing done

Sachin Saraf
02-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Satish sir, was it taken on our trip together? you managed to get good frame with nice details and exposure...I agree with Vishal about having run some sort of blur on BG/FG but I know how difficult these birds are. I instantly liked this image and it deserved some rework...so here is repost hope you like it...

Joe Senzatimore
02-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Beautiful subject , and the re-work is nice as well. Just find the OOF foreground very distracting. Perhaps a bit off the bottom would help.

gail bisson
02-04-2013, 05:09 PM
The increased saturation in the repost looks good but only if that is how it looked IRL (in real life)
My main beef with this image is the fact that I can't see the feet,
Gail

Sachin Saraf
02-04-2013, 05:32 PM
I overdid the contrast...it should be between OP and my re post.

Juan Carlos Vindas
02-04-2013, 11:14 PM
I guess a version between both would be fine, even though I am not familiar with this species! love the light and pose of bird. Nice complementary bg too!

Stu Bowie
02-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi Satish, lovely looking species, and blending into the BG nicely. Your comp works as is showing off the upper BG, but I can see a version in horizontal, with a little off the bottom, and about half off the top. :w3

arash_hazeghi
02-06-2013, 01:49 AM
very nice light, pose and details! well done

David Salem
02-06-2013, 03:44 AM
Very nice looking shot Satish. Unique species. Exposure,details and BG make for a very clean image. The missing feet dont hurt this image IMO. Well done.