PDA

View Full Version : King of the Sea's

vishaljadhav
02-03-2013, 10:57 AM
A White Bellied Sea Eagle,
We were lucky to get this one early in the morning as the sun was coming up, this was the last frame i got with the eagle in the frame, later it just went out as it flew
These come very near to the place where the fisherman unload their nights catch to normally look for the sea snakes that the fisherman throw off
This was in Goa - last week
5D MIII + 400 f2.8 L IS, 2X TC
F6.3 , 1/5000, ISO 800
This was taken from a boat with a monopod
C & C welcome

Juan Carlos Vindas
02-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Very nice eagle, pose and pano crop! the whites are a tad bright not ok. I would crop more on top. Keep them coming!

Sidharth Kodikal
02-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Excellent exposure, sharpness and light. The details are gorgeous. The sky with the wispy clouds looks nice as a bg.
Looks like the bird is about to take off. Did you get any take off shots?
I find it a bit tight at the bottom and the left; I'd add some there if you have the room in the original.

vishaljadhav
02-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Sidharth
This bird was about to take off, the next frame he was all over the frame with everything getting cut :)
i don't have any more room on the bottom as i tried to compose it close to bottom as possible to get the flight however i was not successful in the boat
The early morning light did help me to get the exposure right

Sidharth Kodikal
02-03-2013, 12:18 PM
I can relate to that, Vishal :)
I can imagine the thoughts racing through your mind - remove the TC and improve my chance of a flight shot but risk losing the opportunity OR keep the TC and get whatever I can OR where is that 200-400 with the built-in TC they keep talking about :)
The uncertainty is what keeps it so interesting and keeps us going out for more :)

David Pugsley
02-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Love the pose...looks like a jet ready to take off from a carrier. A bit tight on the bottom for me.

Vikram Agrawal
02-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Beautiful beautiful bird. Thanks for sharing

Marina Scarr
02-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Your eagle is well exposed and nice and sharp. I love that pose and the catchlight is strong. I would like to see more space on the bottom as well, and a little on the left side if you have it.

vishaljadhav
02-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Thanks Marina
I do not have any space in bottom or left in my original
thats luck as it goes :)

Robert Holguin
02-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Sweet shot!!
I really like the pose, exposed very well, sharp, and the clouds in the sky make a great background.
Well done.

Faraaz Abdool
02-04-2013, 08:25 AM
What a shot, Vishal! Beautiful bird in beautiful light, I love the about-to-take-off pose. Excellent catchlight as well.