PDA

View Full Version : Swimming Harlequin Drake

Rachel Hollander
02-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Another one taken at the Barnegat Jetty IPT/Creative Adventure.

Canon 5D3
300 II + 2x III
1/800
f5.6
ISO 1600
EC +1
HH from jetty, cropped for comp, levels, curves, selective color and sharpened in CS6.

C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel

Juan Carlos Vindas
02-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Hi Rachel

A nice harlequin indeed. Nice light and waves.
The only thing I find that is hurting the image is the fact that light is coming from behind the bird, also, the focus seems to be on the wing and not the face. May be getting lower would help to make a more intimate image.
Keep them coming please!

nick clayton
02-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Beautiful colours and sharp detail Rachel. It would have been better with the light source directly behind you and a lower angle but these were presumably out of your control, also the head angle would have been better turned slightly towards you.

Marina Scarr
02-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Lucky you to have had the opportunity to see and photograph these beautiful ducks. It's unfortunate that the light direction here seems to have worked against you. GOod job on getting so low. I realize it's not too easy out there.

Robert Holguin
02-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Nice shot.
I really like teh pose and the comp.
As stated above to bad about the light direction.
Well done.

Faraaz Abdool
02-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Hey Rachel - lovely shot here. Sweet morning light, but bummer about it being off-angle. Maybe if he turned his head toward you the image would've been stronger. Also try taking a little bit off the bottom, as the bird seems a tad too centred. Thanks for sharing! I still haven't gotten a chance to process any of my shots.