02-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Taken at Longwood Gardens
1/40 sec at f16
ISO 1600
200-400 mm @350 mm
Comments welcome!

Don Thompson
02-03-2013, 04:19 PM
I absolutely love photos of waterlillys. I like the black water, the way the green contrast with the blue of the lilly. Beautiful!!

Steve Maxson
02-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Hi Bob. I like your comp and the way the flower and pads stand out against the black water. Very nice sharpness on the center of the flower! I'm on the road viewing this on my laptop monitor - and at least on this monitor, some of the pastel blues on the petals look blown. (?) Overall, this is very nicely done!

Jonathan Ashton
02-07-2013, 05:12 AM
I like the image Bob, did you use some kind if filtration to produce the colours and edges? Composition has me just a little hesitant, I wonder if the lily would have more impact if it was more towards the bottom right on the rule of thirds as it were? I think you have a good technique here and I look forward to seeing more of these.

Jerry van Dijk
02-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Hi Bob, another wonderful lily! Flower center (and the petals also a little) look slightly oversharpened to me compared to the rest of the image. Did you use selective sharpening on the flower? I'd be very tempted to remove the two brownish leaves, to make this a real color splash and would give a little more tension to the composition. They seem to be from a different species as well.