PDA

View Full Version : Flash Data

Marina Scarr
02-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Is there anywhere on my computer that I can find out what flash settings I used for an image? I have tried in Bridge and File Info in PS and don't see it anywhere. It only tells me that it fired and was in compulsory mode. I use Canon equipment, CS6 and the Canon 580EX flash. I would like to be able to determine my favorite pics based on flash at one location and see what flash setting I was using.

Thank you for any help you might offer.

Doug Brown
02-03-2013, 09:47 AM
DPP will give you flash exposure compensation data.

Sidharth Kodikal
02-03-2013, 11:44 AM
DPP will display flash type (Manual/ E-TTL), flash compensation, shutter curtain sync, whether FE lock was on or not.
But there is no information on the flash power in manual, distance etc. as far as I know.

Marina Scarr
02-03-2013, 11:46 AM
I had a feeling that was going to be the case. Bummer no info on manual flash info b/c that is really what I was hoping for. Guess I may just have to download it and check it out. While in there, I"ll try the noise reduction b/c I hear it's pretty good.

Sidharth Kodikal
02-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Hi Marina, if you don't want to get DPP, photoshop [kind of] displays the flash exposure compensation. The data is a bit raw though ...
Under, File -> File Info ... Raw Data tab

Marina Scarr
02-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Thanks, Sid. I'll go and check it out right now. I don't think that I need it often enough to download DPP, although I will if I have to.