PDA

View Full Version : Indian Roller / Blue Jay.

Satish Ranadive
02-02-2013, 12:28 AM
This image was created yesterday morning. I have posted the portrait day before yesterday, but angle was steep. Here I have provided the perch for small birds, but somehow this Indian Roller liked it,
where crow could not land. He was harassed by crows and he has injury on the back (you can see the upwards feathers).Today morning he was better and feathers were at normal position.
Cropped for composition and sharpened.NR applied to BG.

ISO: 1600, 1/1600 @ F: 5.6.Evaluating metering. Exposure bias: +0.7.Av mode.
WB: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

Stu Bowie
02-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Hi Satish, you couldnt have captured a better pose and with a good HA too. Very similar to our Lilac breasted roller, and you have brought out the colours nicely. That BG is sweet. Im finding the overall image a touch bright, so here is my version toned down. I ran a multiply blending layer at 35%, and ran another round of NR on the BG.

Satish Ranadive
02-02-2013, 12:56 AM
Hi Satish, you couldnt have captured a better pose and with a good HA too. Very similar to our Lilac breasted roller, and you have brought out the colours nicely. That BG is sweet. Im finding the overall image a touch bright, so here is my version toned down. I ran a multiply blending layer at 35%, and ran another round of NR on the BG.

Thank you very much Randy Sir for your valuable time on image.It looks far better than OP.

Regards,
Satish.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
02-02-2013, 01:35 AM
Great image Satish, Randy's RP looks even better. Beautiful bird indeed.

jack williamson
02-02-2013, 09:05 AM
I though the bird looked sleepy or sick when I first viewed it, your story explains all. Stuarts repost looks pretty good, great BG.

Rachel Hollander
02-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Hi Satish - beautiful soft colors and details. Stuart's rp really takes it up a notch.

TFS,
Rachel

wendell westfall
02-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Interesting, colorful image Satish. Actually, I prefer your original post -- even more colorful to my eye . . .

Cheryl Arena Molennor
02-02-2013, 04:50 PM
A very nice image and I like the repost as the NR helped and the image has more pop.

Juan Carlos Vindas
02-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Second repost makes this one even better. Nice light and pose.

PhilCook
02-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Very nice Satish, what a stunning looking bird and pleasing he/she landed on a nice thin stick/branch....it's nice when they co operate hehehe

Beautiful backdrop and composed in the frame nicely I think, Stuarts repost improved, but I wonder if also a slight increase in contrast may lift this fine image even more

Nick Palmieri
02-03-2013, 09:31 AM
That is a really great looking bird. Nice one Satish!

Satish Ranadive
02-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Thank you all for the feedback and nice comments.

Regards,
Satish.

Sachin Saraf
02-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Satish sir, looks like I missed lot of action on BPN...Nice and sharp...I liked the re post better and I am sure you must be having one with better head angle..