PDA

View Full Version : Brown Pelican, Juvenile (A Portrait)

John Patrick
02-01-2013, 03:19 PM
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/63/758163.jpg

1D4, 70-200, hand-held, very slight cropping.

First post, so C&C requested and appreciated.

John

Kaustubh Deshpande
02-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Welcome aboard. Nice first post. BG, pose, shooting angle, details, composition...all look good. I think it can go a little bit brighter.

It helps us if you post aperture, shutter speed and ISO.

Randy Stout
02-01-2013, 08:13 PM
JOHN:

A big welcome to BPN. Good comments from Kaustubh. I like how the feet wrap around the rock. You might consider a smaller signature line because it does distract from the image.

Looking forward to more posts. Please be sure to comment on other folks images as well. It helps foster a sense of community, and helps train your eye.

Cheers

Randy

Mark Jones
02-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Hi John,

Welcome to BPN. This is a great first post. Good head angle and I like the blurred background. I find the pale colored rock under your signature on the bottom edge a little distracting but that can be easily darkened.

This is THE place to learn as far as I'm concerned. I'm just getting started too.

Cheers,

John Patrick
02-01-2013, 09:35 PM
JOHN:

A big welcome to BPN. Good comments from Kaustubh. I like how the feet wrap around the rock. You might consider a smaller signature line because it does distract from the image.

Looking forward to more posts. Please be sure to comment on other folks images as well. It helps foster a sense of community, and helps train your eye.

Cheers

Randy

Thank you for your response. I don't see any comment from "Kaustubh" or perhaps I don't understand your statement. As for a smaller copyright line, after having photos stolen, I've started doing larger fonts by default. As BPN operates differently, I'll probably go down in size.

A PM will be sent with some other questions.

John

Randy Stout
02-01-2013, 10:19 PM
John:

Kaustubh is also an Avian moderator. He left his note before your post had been approved, so the moderators could read it, but no one else. It is really easy to miss the moderation tag and leave a comment which no one else can read!

I have copied his comments from his original post to you, which was ahead of mine.

"Welcome aboard. Nice first post. BG, pose, shooting angle, details, composition...all look good. I think it can go a little bit brighter.

It helps us if you post aperture, shutter speed and ISO."

Randy