PDA

View Full Version : Contact

Steve Bein
04-28-2008, 03:29 PM
This is a California poppy, in contact with the glass on a Sigma 15mm fisheye with a 12mm extension.
Hope you like it.

John Cooper
04-29-2008, 02:20 AM
You might say this is a close up Steve!!!
The placement of the stamens off center and the lighter and dark segments in the composition work well for me. Well done!!

Ed Vatza
04-29-2008, 05:38 AM
Very creative composition and execution here, Steve. I have read about using a wide angle lens with tubes for macro work but have never tried it. From the looks of this, I may have to try my Sigma 10-20 and Kenko tubes and see what I get. Very nicely done.

Mike Moats
04-29-2008, 05:56 AM
Hey Steve, this image has a lot of pop to it. I like the backlighting which really produces a nice contrast. Well done.

Fabs Forns
04-29-2008, 09:09 AM
The backlight really makes this work, since the flower glows with it. Great compo, radial lines really work. I'd clone the yellow line in the lower left.

Roman Kurywczak
04-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey Steve,
I knew you were going to isolate a flower or two from the landscape post......but never dreamed of this. Well done.......but agree with Fabs on the yellow line,
Roman

Steve Bein
04-29-2008, 11:22 AM
As suggested. I did clone out some of the petal fractures but left in the lines. It is better now. thanks.
The poppies did not open fully and when placed on the lens, the petals cracked. If I waited longer, the wind would have picked up too much to keep the flower on top of the lens. TI did that the day before.

Gus Cobos
04-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Very well done Steve,
I love the backlighting on this baby and the contrast mix of both colors blending in...good show...keep them coming...:cool: