PDA

View Full Version : Admiration for a predator

Roman Kurywczak
01-31-2013, 11:00 AM
I don't know why......they are perpetually dirty....powerful although awkward looking with that huge chest and front paw area especially when they run ......and that laugh just sends chills up the spine......by I find them simply fascinating and admirable on how relentless they are!

ISO 1600 at f/6.3 and 1/400 sec.

Andreas Liedmann
01-31-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi Roman,
like the composition and the pose of these , agree fascinating creatures, love that hauling or laughing,when they move around a lion kill....

The pose in combo with the bone in the fang is a nice plus , including the look to the camera.

Overall image looks a bit flat and with colors . that does not look correct.Blue is coming through and some kind of magenta.

So i tried a RP , with corrected blacks and some contrast tweak and added a tad sharpening to the subject.

WDYT ?

TFS Andreas

Roman Kurywczak
01-31-2013, 12:06 PM
I like it! Sharpness looks a bit cooked on my monitor though.....let's see what others chime in.

Morkel Erasmus
01-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Nice pose in soft light, Roman.
I also picked up some magenta in the OP - I like Andreas' repost for colour and contrast/punch but the fur does look a bit crisp to my eye :S3:

Andreas Liedmann
01-31-2013, 04:16 PM
Hey Morkel and Roman, you are just kind of softie to me :t3, LOL.
But ok, what screens are you watching the images here? Would be interesting to me.

Cheers Andreas

Ps: to me the fur looks good.

Rachel Hollander
01-31-2013, 09:32 PM
Roman - nice pose and comp and Andreas' rp has taken it up a notch. I agree though that the rp is oversharpened (but just a tad).

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
02-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Hi Roman, I like the position in frame and the look to camera, an expression of 'caught in the act'!

Looks like light was not on your side, was this towards the end of the day? The reason I ask is that having a play, the mood & colour I think lend themselves towards that? I agree that the RP is a tad to over sharp and the blacks a wee bit too dominant, but not much. I might suggest recalibrating the monitor Roman and check you are at 6500k and 2.2 gamma and you have NO direct light hitting the face of the monitor, as the images are looking a little light I think. Just a thought. :w3

Nice to see your African images getting the light. :cheers:

TFS
Steve