PDA

View Full Version : Stappe Eagle in flight..............

Ritesh Nangare
01-31-2013, 09:42 AM
Hi I Am new Here , This is my first post here and i am want to lean from all BPN members...pls give your views and suggestion. :S3:

This image took in morning light about 10am in the morning ....light is becameing little bit harsh ....
hope i get some good suggestions.:S3:

Satish Ranadive
01-31-2013, 09:50 AM
Welcome to BPN Ritesh !!!

Great start with beautiful flight pose of eagle.Great head turn.I like the beautiful colors,nice details,lights and full up wing position and tails feathers.
Please also give the exif data, camera model,lens etc.

Regards,
Satish.

Joe Senzatimore
01-31-2013, 11:00 AM
Fine flight shot with good eye contact and head angle. Not a good idea to cut off the wing tips. Light is a bit harsh , but handled well. Maybe another round of sharpen.

Jonathan Ashton
01-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Very well fused and exposed, for my personal taste a little too large in the frame, other than that an excellent image - welcome to BPN!

Wynand van Wyk
01-31-2013, 12:38 PM
Welcome to BPN! This image is very well captured. Like the detail and pose. Ditto on it being a bit tight for me! Well captured.

Marina Scarr
01-31-2013, 07:23 PM
Welcome to BPN and congrats on your first post! You have a lovely raptor here with super details and exposure. The light may have been harsh but you handled it well with this image. Wish the bird weren't so tight in the frame. I like the way the bird is looking down at you.

Do you think you could please provide at least the focal length of the lens you used and your settings please? It helps us better evaluate your image.

Looking forward to more!

Sidharth Kodikal
01-31-2013, 10:20 PM
Welcome to BPN, Ritesh. You're going to like it here.
This is a wonderful image imo. The pose is excellent with great eye contact. The light looks fine to me - so you obviously handled the harshness well. Exposure and sharpness are spot on.
Now to the issues:
the bird is bit in the frame and you just barely clipped a primary.
If you were so inclined, you could fix it, since it's very minor.
And since it's a basic sky bg, you could add more of it around.
Looking forward to more.

PS: Here's a repost. Content aware fill even rebuilt the clipped primary!
I did a quick 30 second [sloppy] job to just give you an idea of what I was thinking.
I felt that a 3:4 worked, although you could go a bit looser than I did.

PhilCook
02-01-2013, 02:36 AM
Welcome and an amazing first post Ritesh ! Very sharp and clear eye with great contact with the photographer. The light especially underwing is very well done, and the blue sky tops it all off nicely. The composition needs a tweak as it is a bit tight in the frame, Sidharth shows a good version, it may also look good in a wide aspect

Ritesh Nangare
02-01-2013, 04:20 AM
Welcome to BPN Ritesh !!!

Great start with beautiful flight pose of eagle.Great head turn.I like the beautiful colors,nice details,lights and full up wing position and tails feathers.
Please also give the exif data, camera model,lens etc.

Regards,
Satish.

Dear,Satish Thanks for your comment and suggestion here is the Exif Data as you Ask for it......
Camera Model Canon EOS-1D X
Shooting Date/Time 12/03/12
Shutter Speed 1/2500
Av( Aperture Value ) 7.1
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III
Focal Length 700.0mm

Ritesh Nangare
02-01-2013, 04:46 AM
Fine flight shot with good eye contact and head angle. Not a good idea to cut off the wing tips. Light is a bit harsh , but handled well. Maybe another round of sharpen.
Dear Joe First of all thanks for you comment.

The tip of the wing is cut in the actual shot also there is no space above that and i did not know how regain it in pp...

Ritesh Nangare
02-01-2013, 04:47 AM
Thanks ...

Ritesh Nangare
02-01-2013, 04:51 AM
Welcome to BPN and congrats on your first post! You have a lovely raptor here with super details and exposure. The light may have been harsh but you handled it well with this image. Wish the bird weren't so tight in the frame. I like the way the bird is looking down at you.

Do you think you could please provide at least the focal length of the lens you used and your settings please? It helps us better evaluate your image.

Looking forward to more!

Dear, Marina

Thanks for encouraging comment ...
Here is the full exif of the cam

Camera Model Canon EOS-1D X
Shooting Date/Time 12/03/12
Shutter Speed 1/2500
Av( Aperture Value ) 7.1
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III
Focal Length 700.0mm
And The tip of the wing is cut in the actual shot also there is no space above that......
Regds
Ritesh...

Ritesh Nangare
02-01-2013, 04:59 AM
Welcome to BPN, Ritesh. You're going to like it here.
This is a wonderful image imo. The pose is excellent with great eye contact. The light looks fine to me - so you obviously handled the harshness well. Exposure and sharpness are spot on.
Now to the issues:
the bird is bit in the frame and you just barely clipped a primary.
If you were so inclined, you could fix it, since it's very minor.
And since it's a basic sky bg, you could add more of it around.
Looking forward to more.

PS: Here's a repost. Content aware fill even rebuilt the clipped primary!
I did a quick 30 second [sloppy] job to just give you an idea of what I was thinking.
I felt that a 3:4 worked, although you could go a bit looser than I did.

Dear Sidharth

Thanks for Rework On my image ....
now it look 100 times better than mine and well balanced also the frame look awesome now....
i did not know too much about the PP or masking or cloning and don't know how to increase the BG ...

Thanks for your explanation on my image also.....