PDA

View Full Version : Steppe Eagle

girisholeti
01-31-2013, 03:05 AM
Photographed this couple of days ago in the fading evening light in Little Rann of Kutch, Gujarat, India.
Canon 7D, Canon 500mm f4+1.4x TC @ f5.6, ISO 200, 1/800Sec.

vishaljadhav
01-31-2013, 03:32 AM
Wonderful image Girish
The detailed pattern on the wings is very nicely seen here, the guy even gave a decent head turn
The spread of a eagle seen nicely
Lovely image

thijs broekkamp
01-31-2013, 07:08 AM
nice, very nice light and great, majestic pose of this enormeous eagle!

It do seems like there is bit of movement unsharpness

Arthur Morris
01-31-2013, 08:19 AM
Congrats on a beautiful dorsal view with great detail. I see no evidence at all of motion blur. For the repost I moved the bird back and down in the frame using APTATS II techniques plus a few Quick Masks with Layer Masks, lightened the image, did a bit of Eye Doctor (https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/category.aspx?catid=36) work, ran NIK Color Efex Pro Detail Extractor & Tonal Contrast on the head only at 50%, and sharpened the head only with a Contrast Mask, and lightened the head only with a Curves adjustment on the head layer. All as described in detail in Digital Basics (https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=252).

Love the BKGR and the head angle. All in all, magnificent.

Vikram Agrawal
01-31-2013, 08:30 AM
what a beautiful image of a beautiful bird. TFS girish, great shot. Guruji's repost is a definite improvement.

Arthur Morris
01-31-2013, 08:32 AM
what a beautiful image of a beautiful bird. TFS girish, great shot. Guruji's repost is a definite improvement.

Thanks a stack Vikram.

girisholeti
01-31-2013, 08:46 AM
Thank you very much Artie, your version definitely brought out finer details. There is so much to learn here and that is the main thing that encourages me to post here.
Bought the Digital Basics quite sometime back but to be honest, couldn't dedicate much time to learn everything it has in store. Need to go back to it.

Ritesh Nangare
01-31-2013, 08:51 AM
Awesome shot Girish ....The Details and patterns are great here..................

Marina Scarr
01-31-2013, 09:07 AM
Love this perspective so much. We don't often see it here and the details and sharpness look good. RP kicks it up a notice.

supreet.sahoo
01-31-2013, 09:32 AM
A god image here with a really good angle Girish. From what I recollect from a different website you did say that this was one of few raptor sightings that you got this year from the Kutch, but you surely have nailed it with this one. The repost surely looks good. Quite some info there Arthur, thanks ...

Arthur Morris
01-31-2013, 09:33 AM
Thank you very much Artie, your version definitely brought out finer details. There is so much to learn here and that is the main thing that encourages me to post here.
Bought the Digital Basics quite sometime back but to be honest, couldn't dedicate much time to learn everything it has in store. Need to go back to it.

Yup, you gotta study to learn :). Thanks Marina.

Daniel Cadieux
01-31-2013, 10:02 AM
Yes, the repost did indeed kick things up a notch or two. Nice warm tones throughout, and I love the spread primaries. Careful with the cloned repeating patterns in LLC though...

Rachel Hollander
01-31-2013, 10:44 AM
Beautiful view, detail and light. The capture is excellent and Artie's repost has taken it to another level.

TFS,
Rachel

Faraaz Abdool
01-31-2013, 11:05 AM
Amazing shot, the RP shows you what you can achieve. Lovely clarity and light, bg perfect as well. Not to mention a regal bird!

Wynand van Wyk
01-31-2013, 12:44 PM
Wow, this is stunning! The light and colours are amazing! Background and detail perfect as well. AR repost makes it even better!

Well done indeed.

Karl Egressy
01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
The original post looks great, the repost looks fantastic.

PhilCook
02-01-2013, 02:32 AM
Repost by Artie has taken this fine image up another notch for sure, but the original is a stunner as well. The exposure on the feathers is very good, lovely patterning coming through, liking a lot as well the over the shoulder head angle and clear eye, backdrop is very complimentary as well....a very fine image

Robert Holguin
02-01-2013, 03:00 AM
Wonderful shot.
Really like the pose, wonderful background, and nice light.
Repost is much better.
Well done.