Orange-crowned Warbler

Taken at Falcon SP TX 1/26/2013

Nikon D90, 1/1250, f/9.0, iso 800, 460 mm

All C & C welcome

Thanks for looking

C M

John Chardine
01-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Hi CM- What to like about the image is a nice plain BG and a good perch. As for the subject, it is severely lacking in image quality. There is little detail in the plumage. I am not sure why as the techs look good but this can be caused by a heavy crop- can you confirm or otherwise? If it isn't crop then your AF system needs adjusting or somehow the focus just didn't work. It would of course make for a better image if the bird had a few degrees CCW rotation of the head towards you. The bird is a little tight in the frame to the left and maybe a smidge up top.

Nick Palmieri
01-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Another cool little bird and a nice perch and BG. I agree with John that something is lacking in IQ. It looks like the head may b a soft and there is also a lot of noise in the BG.

Marina Scarr
01-30-2013, 09:06 PM
This had the makings of a good image with a great perch and a nice clean background. Your bird fills the frame nicely although I would have liked a little more space left and above. Lack of details and noise addressed above. Was this a large crop?

PhilCook
01-31-2013, 05:00 AM
Have to agree with others comments regarding lack of sharpness, which is a shame as the perch and subject isolation is rather nice...agree also a bit more space on the left for a better in frame composition