PDA

View Full Version : Snaking road through the poppies

Steve Bein
04-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Yesterday. Antelope Valley is blooming well. Not like an El Nino year, but lots of orange fields of Poppies. It is worth while to go there and skip the preserve, but just scout around it and you can find amazing places. I liked the road snaking through the poppies.
40D
24mm
1/125 sec, f/22
Mode: Tv
Metering: Multi-segment
Exp comp: -1
ISO: 200

Harold Davis
04-28-2008, 03:43 PM
i could only imagine what it would look like in el nino. like hills on fire. i like this, steve. the curving road dissecting diagonally is nice.

Judy Lynn Malloch
04-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Beautiful composition with great color and wonderful DOF. The road leads your eye right through to the top of the mountain. Like this Steve and many thanks for sharing. Fine work !

Steve Bein
04-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Judy,
Thanks, I always try to get the roads and especially an S curve. This was a multiple winner.
My only problem was driving the Prius with its minimal ground clearance. The Jeep is better.
Anyway, This was a beautiful season compared to anything since the last El Nino.
Best regards,

Roman Kurywczak
04-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Hi Steve,
You did very nicely with the s curve and also minimizing the sky. I'm wondering if adding a bit to the right of the s curve would strenghten it even more??? Not sure...but may be worth a shot next time for comparison. I'm sure you had a field day (pardon the pun) with the flowers also and look forward to seeing them in macro. Nicely done here,
roman

Robert Amoruso
04-29-2008, 01:01 PM
I am liking the leading line - road - in this image right to the top of the BG hill. Great color. I agree with Roman a bit more on the right would make it not feel so tight with the road.

Steve Bein
04-30-2008, 01:38 AM
Well, as requested, here is the uncropped version. I tried to get a better line out of the LR corner faster, but did not like the resultant composition. What do you think of this, just a sliver more on the right.
STeve

Roman Kurywczak
04-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Hey Steve,
Worth trying with a sliver more of green in it......or even some of the flowers????.....worth a shot at least,
Roman

Steve Bein
05-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Roman, as requested, a sliver more green.